Health Professional Referrals
Totalcare Hearing supports local GPs, ENTs, OTs and SPs to provide audiology assessments to your clients.
All our assessments include a report back to the specialist on client’s approval.
Please use our Editable PDF Audiology Referral Form for all referrals.
If you prefer a hardcopy referral pad, please request this from your closest Totalcare Hearing clinic and we will post them out to you.
Our Services Include:
- Adult assessment
- Pensioners and veterans government funded hearing services program
- Children assessment from 10 months
- Visual Reinforcement Audiometry (from 10 months)
- Play Audiometry (from 3 years)
- Pure tone and speech audiometry (from 5 years)
- Central Auditory Processing Assessments (from 7.5 years)
- Hearing aid prescription
- Middle ear and esutachian tube function testing
- Tinnitus assessments and management
- Rehabilitation audiology
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Free field audiometry
- Acoustic Reflect testing
- Otoacoustic Emissions testing
- Evoked Potentials
- Microsuction Cerumen (Wax) Removal and Management
- Custom plugs – swim plugs, musician plugs and noise protectors
Fees and Rebates
Our fees are charged per appointment and payable on the day of testing. Fees for the popular services are stated on their relevant webpage.
HiCAPS is not available on audiology. We advise clients contact their health fund to see if their policy is eligible for rebates on audiologly.
Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) Plan
Patients with EPC plans or a referral from an ENT or Neurologist can receive medicare rebates by taking their receipt to Medicare. Your patient will need to bring the EPC or referral form/letter to their hearing test appointment.
Office of Hearing Services Program
Pensioners and Veterans eligible for the government funded Office of Hearing Services voucher receive FULLY FUNDED audiology services. This includes appointments for hearing tests, prescription of hearing aids and follow up appointments.
A selection of FULLY FUNDED hearing aid models and styles are available. Or, government subsidy can be applied towards advanced models that a client wishes for.